Type G Engineered Development LLC is located in Gastonia, North Carolina, just 20 miles west of Charlotte, North Carolina. Founded in 2006, we concentrate on serving our clients primarily in the Carolinas and the surrounding states. However, with easy access to the interstate highways and even greater distances served by the Charlotte-Douglas International airport, nearly every destination is within reach. Whether meeting you at your work site or a mutually agreeable location, Type G aims to make the experience as pleasant as possible.
Wayne Grubaugh – Founder & Chief Innovation Officer
Wayne graduated from General Motors Institute (now Kettering University) with a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering and Masters in Business Administration in Entrepreneurial Studies from Walsh College.
Wayne has a varied, balanced background having had responsible positions from both the Manufacturing and Design activities. He is a strong proponent for manufacturing-capable design by having a thorough understanding of your intended manufacturer capabilities.
- A combined 35 years of experience with GM-Chevrolet, AMC/Jeep, Chrysler and DaimlerChrysler in the areas of:
- Component and Vehicle Manufacturing
- Component Product Design
- Vehicle and Component Product Development
- Product Liability
- Race Vehicle Design/Development
- Extensive knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes, particularly in the areas of machining, white metal castings, molded plastics, metal forming and stamping
- 20+ years of experience with tolerance design, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Design and Process Failure Modes Analysis (DFMEA/PFMEA)
- U.S. Patent holder (Patent #s 5,282,394; 8,875,751; D778234)